Update extension information
There are four extension submission options:
- New - See Submit for Review
- Update - You can update only the marketing information for a product already in the store.
- Patch - If the system detects that the semantic versioning is a patch update, it will prompt you to indicate if it is a patch. If your answer is yes, the submission bypasses marketing review and, once all technical review tests are complete, the version goes to the store.
- Backporting - Submit a new version to an older line than what is currently on the store. For example, if you have posted 1.0 and 2.0 versions of your extension, and you have a security fix for the 1.0 line. You can now submit versions such as 1.1 or 1.0.1.
Update marketing information#
Say you have product in the store and you want to update its marketing information. You can do this by going clicking Update in the Marketing Submission section.
You can then do one of the following:
- Update the extension price, support tier price, or installation price ONLY, and then submit. These changes will bypass marketing review and update the information in the store.
- Update any other field (or pricing and any other field) and submit. This will put the extension back into the queue for marketing review.
You do NOT have to remove your product from the store in order to update its marketing information.