- All Known Implementing Classes:
- Enclosing class:
@Deprecated(since="2021-05-27") public static interface HttpConfiguration.CustomizerDeprecated.The Eclipse Jetty and Apache Felix Http Jetty packages are no longer supported.
An interface that allows a request object to be customized for a particular HTTP connector configuration. Unlike Filters, customizer are applied before the request is submitted for processing and can be specific to the connector on which the request was received.
Typically Customizers perform tasks such as:
- process header fields that may be injected by a proxy or load balancer.
- setup attributes that may come from the connection/connector such as SSL Session IDs
- Allow a request to be marked as secure or authenticated if those have been offloaded and communicated by header, cookie or other out-of-band mechanism
- Set request attributes/fields that are determined by the connector on which the request was received