**Session tokens** generated in the **sandbox** are separate from those generated in **production**. You cannot use session tokens from one environment in the other.
The sandbox environment gives you an opportunity to practice using the Marketplace EQP API without any affect on your production items.
You can run CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) simulations on the sandbox.
Differences between sandbox and production#
The following list highlights some of the key differences between the sandbox and production environments:
- No human reviews take place on the sandbox.
- Most, but not all, automated tools are run on your submissions. The Copy/Paste Detector tool is not run.
- No technical QA reviews happen for your submissions.
- Only automated marketing reviews are run on your submissions.
- There is no associated Commerce Marketplace store for the sandbox. As a result, the various reports endpoints will typically return an empty set of data.
- On the user interface, the sandbox is marked with a banner at the top of every page.
- Regardless of the current state of your user profile on the production Marketplace Developer Portal, when you sign into the sandbox environment, you must rebuild your profile.
- Marketplace EQP API access keys in the sandbox are separate and distinct from production. You cannot use access keys from one environment in the other environment.
- Session tokens that are generated in the sandbox are separate and distinct from production. You cannot use session tokens from one environment in the other environment.
- If you are on the same browser, when you logout of the sandbox you are simultaneously logged out of production, and vice-versa.