To install the Magento PHPStorm plugin:
Download the plugin from the PHPStorm Marketplace.
Or alternatively, you can install it from your PHPStorm screen. Navigate to Preferences > Plugins and select Magento PHPStorm.
After the installation, it is necessary to enable the integration with Magento:
- Go to Preferences > Frameworks.
- Select the Enable Magento Integration checkbox. See Install PHPStorm plugin topic for more information.
You also need to provide:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source installation path
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source version (for example,
- Default license name for new modules (by default,
See the video tutorial Using the Upgrade Compatibility Tool on PHP Storm page for more information about the PHPStorm plugin.